Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Annals of Human Stupidity: Garbage

The north pacific garbage gyre has been getting more attention lately. It is composed of many many many tiny plastic particles, and estimates of its size range from 'really really big' to '10% the size of the Pacific Ocean'.

This is a really big monument to human stupidity, but it's not the most toxic.

Greenpeace has a good series on electronic waste, which is incredibly harmful.

But that's OK, right? These areas are vastly underpolluted. And they get, um ... jobs.

Trading the health of the ecosystem, and of ourserves, for short-term economic game is what winners do!

And frogs are supposed to look like this:


Source: Live Science




I feel so much better now that I've seen the light. Now I can work to convert the heathens who think that clean air, clean water and undeformed amphibians are more important than GM's quarterly earnings.

...

OK. Now where's my stock options and corporate speaking gig?

1 Comments, Post a Comment:

Miss Voodoo said...

LOL, sick and funny.
I can barely stand all the polluting we've done- and I include myself cause i have contributed in some ways... and am glad now to be learning to live simple so that I am not a burden to the 5 legged frogs.