Thursday, September 17, 2009

Footprints

I did some further exploration of the nearby beaver dam today (which is actually in two parts), and found the path most of the animals in the area take down to the waterfront.

I'm pretty sure this one is deer:



I'm not certain about this one:



EDIT, added later ... a bearprint:

bear footprint

And I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure this is human-who-walks-along-edge-of-creek-and-nearly-loses-boot:



I also discovered that beaver dams aren't very good for someone with mold sensitivities to walk across. When you compress the dam, it smells like a moldy compost pile :)

1 Comments, Post a Comment:

Miss Voodoo said...

the first track is deer - the second track is harder because there are two parts to it...
the top part looks like a collapsed deer track, unless it had distinct toes to it. The bottom half could also be deer, but if it's not it looks like a big webbed foot in the pic.
Also when a deer runs scared it's hoof print will open up quite a bit... and i have seen tracks were they stepped in their own track or another deer did, making it larger and harder to distinguish.