Monday, September 21, 2009

Part of the Journey

I'm trying to maintain a balance in my writing on this blog. It's a documentation of my personal journey, yes, but with a focus on 'what's the larger issue at stake here'?

When I discuss something like how my father's cancer is affecting me, the intent is to articulate how a severe disability might be overcome -- as we all need to overcome barriers in our lives, if we're to prevent the worst abuses of our culture upon the natural world. What's really interesting, I think, is the process involved.

Sometimes I'm just documenting a bit of silly fun, but the attempt is to share a bit of joy with others ... joy that doesn't come from WalMart or cable TV. I find this kind of enthusiasm infectious and hope that others do, too.

I guess I'm simply trying to clarify things a bit for myself, and for the readers.

Smogharp isn't meant to be a public diary -- it's intended to be a reflection on the life, dreams and ambitions of a disabled guy trying to reclaim his sense of childhood curiosity and wonder. A guy pissed off at the toxicity of our culture and the destruction of the planet's ecology.

And in that, I'm still trying to find my voice. Thank you for following along on this journey.

0 Comments, Post a Comment: