Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tiny Home v2.0: The Smoghut

Doesn't smoghut sound terrible? :)

Other than adjusting the windows a little bit, this is close to what I'm looking at.





Comments or suggestions appreciated.

Tiny Home v1.0

3 Comments, Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

legit

Mockum said...

Interesting plan. Not much storage space. Why are there no windows in the kitchen? Maybe use a pocket door between the kitchen and bathroom.

It's a shame so much room is taken by the bathroom. Personally, I'm happy to pee in the woods and crap in a bucket outside, so I'm considering ditching the bathroom completely.

Erik said...

The intent of the design is to provide a very small, very safe place for me to sleep and work. I have multiple chemical sensitivities, which necessitates a very safe living environment.

The lack of a kitchen window? I'll have one above the sink. The side wall in the kitchen will be filled with metal racks for food storage, so I don't see a need for one there.

The bathroom is essential for two purposes:
1. If I can't go outside due to airborne toxins, I still need to use the bathroom :)
2. A place to shower and get toxins off of me if I've been exposed, before entering the safe part of the house.

Sometimes the air outside is toxic, and the design needs to accommodate this.

As far as lack of storage space, that's intentional. I don't have much stuff to store anymore.

Thanks for your questions and comments.