Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hiking with Only Moderate Amounts of Stupidity

Getting out to exercise without hurting myself is ... well, it's a challenge. I always want to do stupid things like walk across logs and go sliding down hills to see what's at the bottom. But I managed to do this with only a small amount of stupidity yesterday.

Well, ok. A moderate amount of stupidity. Some of the logs weren't exactly cemented into place, and it wouldn't take a lot to cause them to roll down the hill:




It was fun! My sense of balance is pretty decent still (when I'm not dosed out on toxins), but I'll need to do more of this to wake my billy goat genes back up :)

I did, however, resist the urge to go sliding down the sandhill. I couldn't get a great photo of this, but it's basically a steep sandy slope without too many obstructions that ends at the creek's edge:



Damn, that looks like fun! But I rolled double 10s and won my resist check. Onwards and upwards! :)

I couldn't figure out what the hell this was. I didn't get too close ... I'm less concerned about critter danger than human danger. That appears to be a plastic wire or cord coming out of the entrance:



I also discovered the beavers are busy converting my bridge into a new dam; they cut one of the supports a few days ago and are busy building up debris underneath it. This will require further investigation:

0 Comments, Post a Comment: