Monday, September 21, 2009

New Domain

The blog is being transferred over to smogharp.com ... sorry for any dead links this results in over the next 24 hours or so.

2 Comments, Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Can we comment on your website? Will you not be keeping up the blog? I like the comment thing.

I have so many questions for you:
1) How do people get MCS? Nobody has told me. I keep blaming my former life's chemical usage and "diet". (by former life I mean pre-MCS). My mom blames herself for not having breastfed me. We both decided to blame my grandma since she can't talk anymore and can't defend herself. But we really want to know...how did this happen?

2) Are all MCS people good writers, introspectors, and grammaticians, or just the ones who keep blogs? I notice a trend. Or do the others not keep blogs?

3) Can we all make a house together?

Erik said...

I just registered the domain to make the site easier to find, nothing's really going to change.

People develop MCS when genetic and environmental factors combine to overload their detoxification system. Then the toxins start damaging your body -- this creates an individualized, runaway reaction. See Dr. Pall's website for more details (give it a moment to load).

No, MCS messes with our brains and makes thinking very difficult. But some of us come through this crucible as changed people ... a similar thing happened to Stephen Hawking.

Housing for people with MCS is very challenging, any kind of community would probably involve smaller private homes with a centralized common area (all in separate buildings). I'm not aware of any real focused effort on this front ... it takes a lot of resources, which few of us have. It's also difficult because having MCS doesn't mean people agree on basic ideology, community or other important things ... this is essential in forming a community.